Interlibrary Loan: Intercampus Loan, ILLiad, and UBorrow
Intercampus Loan Information
To submit Intercampus Loan reqeusts, first login to your Library Account and then look up your item. Select "Request" for the item and choose your pick-up location. You will receive an e-mail when the item is ready. Please allow two (2) business days for processing and shipping.
Interlibrary Loan Information
Creating an ILLiad Account
Register to use ILLiad.
Please allow 1 business day for your registration to be confirmed and activated.
ILLiad and Interlibrary Loan are available for FIU and SUL faculty, staff, enrolled students, and FIU alumni and corporate public borrowers.
You are responsible for keeping your password private and secure.
If you are another library looking to request materials from us, view our Borrowing Library page.
Submit Interlibrary Loan requests via the ILLiad webpages.
Interlibrary Loan will try to obtain books, articles, and other items that are not owned by the FIU University Libraries from other libraries.
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- FIU Library Card holders only. Please do not abbreviate. Incomplete or incorrect information may delay request processing.
- Requests are processed Monday's through Friday's, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Please allow three (3) business days for your material to arrive, providing it is available for use.
- Notifications are sent by email.
- There is no limit to the number of requests submitted per day, but minimum of five (5) requests per person per day will be processed.
- A limit of twenty (20) Interlibrary Loan items can be checked out at any time.
ILLiad is the online request and management service used by the FIU Libraries for Interlibrary Loan.
- ILLiad Service and Features
- View and track your ILL request records online
- Request materials 24 hours a day online
- View the progress of your requests at each stage of the process
- Rely upon email to communicate with the ILLiad staff
- View checked out items and request renewals online
- Access your account to change personal information and passwords
- View current and past requests
- Attach notes to each request
- Track all ILL requests.
- Accept citations from many online databases with minimal clicks.
- Send email notifications when materials are ready for you.
- Provide assurance for confidentiality regarding your personal information and requests.