Available in the Library
NOTE: As of May 13, 2013, we require two forms of ID for device/equipment check outs (laptops, iPads, eReaders, etc.). A valid FIU One Card and government-issued ID must be present.
Devices circulate for 3 hours with an overdue fine of $30.00 per hour--except where noted.
||Technology Available for Loan
|Tablets (24 Hour Loan)
- iPad 2
- Kindle Fire (1st Generation)
|Computer Accessories and Components
- Flashdrives (various storage capacities available)
- USB-B (mini) - Used to connect devices to a computer--can alternatively be used to charge some cell phones, digital cameras and other devices.
- VGA - Connects laptops and other devices via a VGA port to external displays: projectors, specially equipped televisions, etc.
|E-Readers (14 Day Loan)
- Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
- Kindle Touch
- Basic Calculators
- Business Calculator (Model: BA-II Plus)
- Scientific Calculators (Models: TI-84, TI-84 Silver Plus)
- GPS Devices
- Power Strips for multi-outlet needs
- Xbox Software (titles available on request)
iPad and Tablet FAQ