Revised: January 21, 2016
CONFERENCE ROOMS GL 220, GL 835, AND HL 210 ARE RESERVED ONLY FOR FIU FACULTY/STAFF MEETINGS AND CONFERENCES. PARTIES AND OTHER SOCIAL FUNCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LIBRARIES DOES NOT HAVE EVENT STAFF.
The Library Administrative Conference Rooms are the only major conference facilities available to Library Staff and Administration; therefore, Library Faculty/Staff have priority in scheduling the conference rooms.
- Reservations: Conference room requests should be submitted at least 48 hours in advance through the FIU Calendar website (You must check “Library Conference Rooms” on the Event Categories list when submitting your request, or it will not be considered). Incoming requests will only be approved up to three months prior to date of meeting for general FIU Faculty/Staff. As such, please do not submit requests for meetings not taking place within the next three months. The following departments may make reservations up to one year in advance: Library Staff/Administration, President's Office, Provost's Office, Faculty Senate-Executive Committee, and Division of IT (IT can solely make reservations more than three months in advance for its ITA Committee meeting. This meeting is to be organized by George Fray). Please identify if you will need multiple rooms for your teleconference meeting.
- Seating: All conference rooms have maximum capacities that may not be exceeded. These regulations have been set for safety reasons. However, if additional seating is required, please contact Facilities Management Customer Service (x 4600) to arrange for delivery and pick up of additional chairs.
- Hours: Conference rooms GL 835 and HL 210 may only be used during the hours of 9:00am-4:30pm, from Monday - Friday. Conference room GL 220 may be used during library operating hours (varies by day; please check library hours).
- Lunch Meeting: Only light refreshments are allowed; hot food is not permitted. Food should be placed on a side table in the conference room. The individual coordinating the meeting assumes responsibility for ensuring that catering picks up food and utensils at or before the close of the meeting.
- AV Equipment and Materials: Polycom and Video Conferencing are available in conference rooms GL 835 and HL 210. For additional AV equipment and material requests, please contact FIU media services or UTS. User assumes responsibility for making these requests as well as for pickups/returns.
- Cancellation of Meeting: Due to extremely high demand for use of these spaces, Library Administration must be notified of meeting cancellations as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com.
- Adherence to Time Block: Since meetings are often back-to-back, your meeting must end at the scheduled end time of your specified time allotment.
- Maintenance: Event organizers are responsible for the conference room. They will be held responsible for any damage(s) incurred. After using a conference room, furniture must be rearranged to the original lay out. If food was served, tables must be cleaned and garbage properly disposed of. Alcoholic beverages cannot be served or consumed on library property.
- Disturbances: Any use of conference rooms that disturbs regular library operations is not permitted.
- Noise Level: Please maintain a low noise level when entering and exiting suite GL 830 as this is the office area for Library Administration Staff, including the Dean of Libraries.
- Omissions: Any omissions or misrepresentation on the room request will not be tolerated and will result in withdrawal of room reservation privileges.
- Liabilities: The Libraries assume no liability for theft of, or damage to, property brought onto library premises or for injuries that occur as a result of actions of sponsors or participants in activities in conference rooms. The Libraries do not assume responsibility for any loss, damage, repair and replacement expense that may arise during the use of conference rooms.
- Reservation Termination: Library Administration reserves the right to terminate a reservation at any time without prior notice for any reason deemed appropriate by the Dean.
- Approval Timeline: A reply email either confirming or denying the request will be sent within two business days of your submission.
Library Administration asks that you make every effort to comply with these guidelines. Violation of these policies may result in denial of future requests.
If you have any further questions, please contact Library Administration at (305) 348-2461 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.