Graduate students, faculty, and researchers;
- It has to be readable and well enough documented for others (and a future you) to understand.
- Data has to be findable to keep it from being lost. Information scientists have started to call such data FAIR — Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Re-usable.
- It contributes to the quality and usefulness of your research and the data itself – for yourself, colleagues, s
Changes are coming to the Green Library!
Located in the center of campus, the Green Library sees an average of over 9,000 visitors each day. It is safe to say that every FIU student has set foot in the library at least once during his or her time here. But soon, getting into the Green Library will be just a bit different.
Dear FIU Faculty and Staff,
The FIU Libraries welcome you and your students back to a new semester at FIU! We wish you a successful semester. Below are some of the many ways the FIU Libraries can help you in this new year.
• Did you know that for every subject area there is a liaison librarian that specializes in collection development and instruction?
• Did you know that the library subscribes to more than 1,100 databases?
Please note, due to circumstances beyond our control, the lecture scheduled for June 15 at Green Library by Prof. Haskins of UNH will not take place. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Join us at the Green Library for a new lecture series that explores music!
Thursday, February 9, 3pm, Tom Moore, FIU, "Grétry Philosophe," GL 835
Mark your calendars! The Libraries will host a "Data Management Workshop" on Wednesday, February 8th from 2:00 to 3:15pm n GL 280 and online at (http://connect.fiu.edu/datamanagement/).
This workshop will introduce students to important issues in data management including development of a data management plan; strategies for organizing data; documentation and metadata; privacy rights and accessibility of data; and archiving and preservation of data.