1) By default, the FIU link to PsycINFO will take you to the advanced search page.
2) Enter your search term(s) in the text box(es). As you type, a drop-down list of suggested terms and phrases will appear. If one of the terms or phrases matches your topic, click on it to add it to your search. Search the thesaurus to discover subject terms (the link is right above the search boxes). You can combine the terms with Boolean operators any way you like and/or use the drop-down menus at the right of each text box to specify where the database should search for the term(s) (set to "anywhere" by default).
3) Scroll down to view the search options, which you can use to limit the results by publication date, age group, study methodology, and more. When you have selected the options you want, click the teal "Search" button to run the search (see image above).
4) The terms you searched will appear highlighted in yellow on your search results screen. You can further narrow your results from the search results screen using the options on the left-hand column. Click on the plus signs to view all options available in the corresponding limit category.
5) From the search results screen you can also: (1) see related searches, (2) cite, email, or print your results using the corresponding links above the search results, (3) access full text by clicking on the "Find It @ FIU" icons, and (4) much more.