What is Selected Works?
Selected Works author pages are a place for FIU faculty and staff to post and organize their research in an easy to manage FIU branded interface. Preview FIU’s Author Gallery.
Advantages of Selected Works
- Easy to manage, organize and upload research, course work, presentations, data etc.
- Generate readership reports
- Higher google rankings than regular faculty websites, making your work more findable to a global audience
- The page is yours and you can take it to another institution
- Send out mailings to subscribers
How to get started
- Sign up for an account at works.bepress.com (if you have a digital commons account you can use this to easily integrate works already in Digital Commons)
- Start populating your information. In order to maintain the integrity of the pages please abide by these minimum standards:
- Include basic information including title and areas of expertise
- Include a properly sized, undistorted, appropriate photo - 135 pixels wide by 180 pixels tall at a resolution of 72 pixels per inch or a photo with a width to height ratio of 0.75.
- Include a well written, grammatically correct, introductory / biographical paragraph
If your research is not already included in Digital Commons, please contact the Jill Krefft, IR coordinator ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to work with you to upload work into Digital Commons first. If you need further assistance with page setup, contact