Manage the publication and research output of your Department, School or Center in a simple interface.
Digital Commons provides you with an opportunity to organize research using an open access platform. The research is more discoverable in the system because there are no barriers to accessing the collections (Learn more about Open Access). Digtital Commons staff work to create collections to accomodate the content needs of your research. Content hosted in Digital Commons include
- Working papers, conference papers, and technical reports
- Faculty-student collaborative projects
- Journals published by the FIU community
- Published articles when copyright and/or license allow
- Faculty course-related output primarily of scholarly interest
- Organizational annual reports, newsletters, founding documents etc.
- Books or book chapters when copyright and/or license allow
- Image collections or audiovisual materials, either primary or supplementary
Easy to download reports and statistics for publications in Digital Commons let you know how often and from where researchers are finding your work.
Long Term Access and Preservation
Continued access and preservation of work in our collections are a high priority of the staff of Digital Commons so researchers can be assured their content will be available for the long term. Each document has a stable URL that will not change, ensuring that others who have found your work will always be able to find it on that URL. Content is also sent for preservation. Learn more about preservation.