Yet again, the Library Paparazzi was out and about on Library Snapshot Day, capturing all the behind-the-scenes action as well as the everyday hustle-and-bustle of your FIU Libraries. Check out what we captured... head below to view the slideshow, to see a collection of our best comments, and view our statistics for the day.
Created with flickr slideshow.
- People in the Buildings: 8,623 (av.)
Green Library - 7,228
Hubert Library - 1,395
- Total Items Checked Out: 1,790
Includes Books, Reserve Items, Laptops/Devices, etc
- How Many Reference Questions Asked: 230
Green Library - 189
Hubert Library - 41
- What Library Classes Were Taught?
Ransom Everglades, British Literature
- Database/Article Searches: 7,466
- Items Ordered: 43 (av)
- Items Cataloged: 141
- Records Batch Loaded: 199
- Metadata Records Created: 15
- URLs Edited: 54
- Books Labeled: 37
- Titles Ordered: 41
- Titles Received: 150
- "The quiet study areas facilitate my concentration whenever I need to do (homework) or study for tests"
- "Helps me get A's. Helps me concentrate. I love the quiet study areas because they help me focus. They are always clean and comfortable."
- "(They) are always ready to help you at any time!"
- "It's a great place to study and has a lot of resources like laptops and books"
- "Laptop rentals and great help and access"
- "Study and hang with friends"
- "Studying and fulfilling my needs as a student"
- "Online research, study space, computers, veg-out time, physical books when necessary for research papers"
- "It helps me to study since it is quiet. It helps me find books to do research for assignments"
- "It is helpful 'specially with all the databases that are easier to access through the Internet"
- "The library is helpful because I can rent a laptop"
- "Free iPads to borrow; Great atmosphere to study"
- "Provides study areas. Computer loans are awesome. Online resources are the best."
- "Having documents readily available to learn and study things for free are perhaps the most important tools any living human being can have. Without it I'd be uneducated."
- "I have never used the library and its facility but I believe that they're very helping and I will be sure to be in one"
- "It provides me with a quiet place to work either by myself or with classmates. I feel I'm most productive when I'm in the library"
- "Helps me when I need to study in peace."
- "The library is very helpful as far as renting laptops out. It is also a great quiet place to study and get away on campus."
- "The laptop rentals are very helpful and the staff is always helpful and friendly."
- "It helps with writing strategies, locating books, and handling any issues or questions I may have."
- "The study room helps a lot. I like to get together with a group to study for midterms or finals."
- "It is a place where I could go and study or get work done in quiet."
- "The library is a place where one can come to reflect and meet with people. Have access to books."
- "Study groups and reserved rooms; research"
- "They library staff is always very nice and helpful; they always help me solve whatever problem I might have in a very prompt manner."
- "the library helps me by providing a great quiet place to study and they have a really great coffee machine!"
- "to study and focus on class work"
- "It gives gives me a break from traffic."
- "It helps me by providing laptops, Macs, and iPads, etc."
- "They help with directing me to resources, explain the best databases to use, and are just Awesome...!"