Location & Hours
The LACIC Information Area is located in Green Library (GL) 225 on the Modesto Maidique Campus. (see map)
The Information Area is designed for self-service. Some of the materials and resources include:
- Public, fully networked computer workstations with access to all library resources
- Browsing materials, i.e. current LAC newsletters and research journals
- Displays highlighting library collections
The Information Area is open Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm. For assistance with your research, LACIC is staffed by a librarian and/or student assistant Monday - Friday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
With close proximity to the office of the LACIC Librarian, Reference, Government Documents, the General Collection and other library resources, the Information Area serves as a comfortable center to learn about Latin America and the Caribbean. To schedule a research consultation session with the LACIC librarian, please contact Gayle Williams directly, by email or by phone.
- Phone: (305) 348-2228 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies: Patrons using the LACIC Information Area must adhere to all FIU Libraries' Policies (link to library.fiu.edu/using-the-library/library-policies).
LACIC is staffed by a professional librarian and a part-time student assistant. It also houses the office of the Project Director of the Digital Library of the Caribbean.
- Gayle Williams, Latin American and Caribbean Information Services Librarian, LACIC Director
Office: GL 225B
Phone: (305) 348-2228 Fax: (305) 348-6579
Gayle specializes in reference, bibliographic instruction and collection development.
- Brooke Wooldridge, Project Directory, Digital Library of the Caribbean
Office: GL 225A
Phone: (305) 348-3008 Fax: (305) 348-6579
Brooke is responsible for the overall supervision of the Digital Library of the Caribbean.
- Tiffany Gomez, LACiC student assistant
Office: GL 225
Phone: (305) 348-3142